Hi! My name is Jen Martodam.
Any given day, you can find me walking my dog, Zoey, around my beautiful St Louis Park, MN neighborhood. I live for a good happy hour with friends. If I have the weekend off, you’ll find me hanging by a lake, hiking, camping or bon-firing in a backyard.
I am mostly known for my love of Wheel of Fortune (yes, I have a Wheel Watchers number!), being game for anything related to live music, and my dislike of pickles.
My greatest longing in life is to serve others in any way possible. I’m an active volunteer in community organizations, a former teacher and my newest way to serve is capturing a season of a family’s life that they can look back on fondly for years to come. The human connection between families is one that cannot be found anywhere else. My goal is to capture that connection and love, each time.
I’ve been photographing professionally for ten years. As a wedding photographer, I’ve been showcased in Minnesota Bride Magazine and online blog, as well as numerous industry feature sites.
When I’m not busy working on films or photos, I travel. I’m really down for traveling anywhere but mountains are in my soul. Every time near them or imagine I’m in them, peace rolls over me. I recently traveled to Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada and it is by far the most beautiful place I have been.
Also, I live in Minnesota, and we have a total of zero mountains, so…
Here are five things you might not know about me.
- Kevin Bacon. Love him. A lot. The original 1984 production of Footloose is a classic in my book.
- I grew up in a northwestern Minnesota farming community, where my love for the wide open spaces and outdoors began.
- I never measure things when I bake or cook. My grandmother is the best cook I know and she always trusted her eyes!
- In college, I traveled for spring break to build houses with Habitat for Humanity. It was some of the best times I had.
- I have two brothers, three beautiful nieces and one nephew! I taught my youngest niece what the elephant says and it’s hilarious.
Follow me on social media!